This month has been a very hectic one for me, which is great. The only down side being that time spend on woodworking has been less than I would have liked.

That being said, there have been a few small moves in the right direction in terms of shop organisation. The first of which is getting the electrical sockets fitted and connected to power. With a little help from one of my brothers (who has quite a bit of experience with wiring sockets) we managed to get them done in a surprisingly short space of time. I honestly thought it would take maybe an hour or two, but in just 45 minutes we were up and running!

One of the sockets wiring complete ready to be fixed in place

One of the sockets wiring complete ready to be fixed in place

Fixed in Place

Another socket after being fixed in Place

I even managed to wire one up myself. While I don’t think it is a hard or complicated task, I am always wary of working with electrics.

Me having a go at wiring a socket

Me having a go at wiring a socket

Next was a little bit of furniture rearranging. Those of you who have seen the recent YouTube videos will probably have noticed the white goods up against the back wall of the garage. Only a small effort, but it makes a huge difference, freeing up the whole back of the workshop. We moved both the fridge-freezer and the tumble dryer to the front of the garage (always their intended final location), this really improved the amount of room at the back of the garage to be used as part of the workshop.

Fridge and Tumble Dryer in their new home

Fridge and Tumble Dryer in their new home (sorry for the glare)

The back of the garage with the appliance gone. Oh the space!

The back of the garage with the appliance gone. Oh the space!

You can see in the image above the kitchen worktop section that I was going to use as a secondary worktop, possibly as a sharpening station. But now that I see the amount of space I have available to use, I am not sure I am going to use it. Will try and “feel” what is right over the next week or so.

The plan is that the back wall will most likely serve as my tool wall with possible over-spill to either side (when I have that many tools!). I think that I will start with a basic tool hanging concept and from there move on to one or possibly two tool cabinets, as I think they look awesome.

Only a quick update this time, perhaps it is time to start thinking about tool storage for the walls I think!

~Alistair

p.s. Thanks for your help Mike!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Get Regular Updates

Keep up to date with the latest news and project info

You have Successfully Subscribed!

%d bloggers like this: